We offer this interactive workshop for inmates identified as being involved in gang related violence and covers a variety of topics including:
- The truths about gangs
- Your identity
- Negative influences
- Breaking the pattern of re-offending
The workshop aims to:
- A greater understanding of the myths that surround gang culture.
- Understanding the nature of relationships (peer groups) which are characterised by violence.
- Understanding the impact of their crimes on the victims.
- Learn why gang members stay in, or return to gang life.
- Learn how to control their anger and deal with gang conflict.
- Understand the nature of “culture” and cultural stereotyping with BME groups in gangs.
- Better equipped to leave gang life.
Also includes discussion, worksheets and roleplay (with actors)